IRIXYS integrates a joint research and innovation agenda supported by collaborative projects, a set of joint initial, continuing and research education programmes, and scientific and technological knowledge dissemination activities.
Though not exclusive, three scientific topics structure the activities of the Centre:
- Cognitive computing and prescriptive
- Big Data analytics Data traceability, trust, and privacy
- Collaborative distributed systems
Privileged application and dissemination fields of the Centre are:
- e-humanities and cultural heritage (area of excellence of Passau and Lyon)
- e-health (area of excellence of Lyon and Passau)
- digital services and multimedia (area of excellence of Milan and Passau)
IRIXYS could not exist without students and young scientists. Therefore, IRIXYS strives to strengthen early-stage research through a French-German academic programme called PhD-Track. This programme started in 2013 includes a double master degree and ideally prepares students for a joint PhD within the international doctoral college MDPS (Multimedia Distributed Pervasive Secure Systems).
The PhD-Track as well as event for young researchers are supported by the French-German University.